Vietnam Veterans of America  

The VVA Veteran® Online  
  homepipeAboutpipeArchivepipeSubscribepipeContactpipevva.orgVVA gifFacebookContact    

-
Treasurer’s Report, May/June 2022 -   -  

Steadfast Efforts

I was privileged to attend the March 29 Vietnam War Veterans Day ceremony at The Wall. It was a very moving remembrance and time for reflection. A tip of the cap to all who made the event and the reception at the National Press Club an elegant and memorable afternoon.

I thought about all my friends who did not make it to see that day. I thought about the struggles and detours creating The Wall and the Vietnam Women’s Memorial. I remembered the constant battles and skirmishes with hostile forces that did not want either memorial. Reflecting on the atmosphere then compared to the pride and honor that is customary for military members and veterans now, I think VVA can rightly claim a great deal of the credit for this transformation, mostly through our steadfast efforts: “Never Again Will One Generation of Veterans Abandon Another.”

VVA and AVVA members should take pride and give thanks that our efforts have yielded noticeable changes in our lifetimes. These accomplishments are not only victories, they also are an important part of our nation’s history and a steadfast endowment to military veterans now and into the future: Never Again.

A NEW FINANCE DIRECTOR

In late February the position of Director of Finance became vacant. VVA engaged the services of an H.R. firm that focused on finance and accounting positions. VP Tom Burke and I interviewed several candidates. I hope you join me in welcoming Anthony Powell, VVA’s new Director of Finance. He joined the organization on April 18.

Anthony Powell is a career not-for-profit finance and accounting professional with 20 years of experience. He holds a degree in Accounting from the University of Arkansas, a Masters in Accounting from the University of Phoenix, and a Masters in Divinity from the Harding School of Theology. He is preparing for the Certified Public Accountant Exam.

He comes to VVA from his position as Chief Financial Officer of the Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee, Inc., a nonprofit that provides programs and services to support and enrich the lives of citizens in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s Counties. His expertise will be a welcome addition to the VVA team.

February 28 was the end of VVA’s fiscal year. As directed by the Board of Directors, we have secured the services of Mullins PC of Bethesda, Md., to conduct an audit. The leadership and staff of VVA are working diligently to help the auditors. I will keep you posted on their findings.

printemailshare

-May/June 2022March/April 2022January/February 2022November/December 2021September/October 2021July/August 2021May/June 2021March/April 2021January/February 2021November/December 2020September/October 2020July/August 2020May/June 2020March/April 2020January/February 2020November/December 2019September/October 2019July/August 2019
---
-Archives
2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016
| 2014 | 2013 | 2012
| 2010 | 2009 | 2008
| 2006 | 2005 | 2004
| 2002 | 2001 | 2000

----Find us on Facebook-Online Only:Arts of War on the Web
Book in Brief-
-

Basic Training Photo Gallery
Basic Training Photo Gallery
2013 & 2014 APEX® Award Winner

Departments     University of Florida Smathers Libraries  
  - -      

VVA logoThe VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring, MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us

Geoffrey Clifford Mark F. Erickson Chuck Forsman